ITALIAN PLUM TART WITH A BUTTER CRUST
Nathan's Rosh Hashanah Recipes
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter or pareve margarine, cut in 8 pieces
1 egg yolk
3 tablespoons plum jam
1 tablespoon brandy
2 pounds Italian plums
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/4 cup cup sugar
1. To make the crust, pulse the flour, sugar, and butter or
margarine together in a food processor until crumbled. Then add the
egg yolk and pulse until the dough comes together.
2. Place the dough in the center of a 9-inch pie plate and with your
fingers, dusted with flour if needed, pat it out to cover the bottom
and up the side. Refrigerate for a half hour.
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and pre bake the crust for 10
minutes. Reduce the oven to 375 degrees and bake another 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven.
4. Mix the jam with the brandy in a small bowl and spread over the
crust. Peel, pit and cut the plums in four pieces each. Place around
in a circle so that each piece of plum overlaps the other and they
eventually form a spiral into the center.
5. Sprinkle with the cinnamon and lemon rind.
6. Reduce the oven to 350 degrees. Return the taste to the oven and
bake about 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the plums
juicy. Remove the tart from the oven, sprinkle on the sugar, and
more from Wendy's